Sunday 1 May 2011

By Emma...13 mile charity trek

We did it, we trekked 13 miles around Bewl Water in aid of British Heart Foundation. Its the first time Sarah and I have road tested our kit including the boots and they passed the test apart from a leaky water pouch and a little pinky problem for Sarah we trekked the 13 very hilly miles in 3 hours 53 minutes.

We recruited a personal trainer today too, Sarahs sister Anna who joined us on the trek today and although is not fully aware will be joining us on any future events or training we participate in, thanks Anna for joining TEAM CHINA.
Although there was a serious reason behind our trek today we did have fun, chatting along like 3 old women, I'm the youngest but I actually think I moaned the most. It was tough going I wont lie and now as I lie on the sofa I'm dreading having to get up.

We did on average 18 minute miles which is a nice moderate pace, some of the hilly sections tested our leg strength but i think we did well, we pushed it towards the end as the finish line was in sight.

Sarah drinking thats a rare to see and me (Emma) nearly stacking it.

Me again and our new personal trainer Anna

After the trek with our muscles aching, the sweat dripping, feet killing there was only one thing for it........an ice cream.




Just perfect, training has commenced heres to many more enjoyable treks in the lead up to the finale,

CHINA TREK 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment