Tuesday 8 May 2012

posted by Emma

Hi all,


Excited and in pain best describes me at the moment, are we really going on Saturday ????? little said about Sunday the better. The day started dismal and really it never improved. Conditions on our last training session were terrible as we slipped around bewl water in wet and cold conditions but we did it, Another charity event and another medal to add to our collection. 
I have had a niggling calf injury for the last six weeks but thought nothing of it. Big mistake as on Sunday it decided to flare up, its now nicely swollen and in need of a trip to the doctor of A and E. At worse I have a little tear but i hope its just a strain and a complete week of no exercise will see me head to china as fit as i can be. Fingers crossed.


So here we are so near to the start line, I am driving everyone mad at work at the moment with my continued excited outbursts. if they didn't know i was going to China they sure do now. 
I am nervous too though as my stomach keeps doing back flips.


well i will blog again before I leave, thanks to Avyona and colin my dear friends who has sponsored me for the trip recently, also emily, diane and my cousin Ian. much appreciated and makes that fundraising pot swell to nearly £6000.


Thanks also to Mark at Ashford print who kindly worked on our trekking clothing, Sarah and I are really pleased with our items which we will wear in china. Its nice that we will wear clothing that states who we are raising money for. 


Speak again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment