Wednesday 29 February 2012

Some news.....................

Hi everyone,


I have just enjoyed a lovely break away and have returned feeling refreshed and ready to take on the next eight weeks of training and the end to the fundraising which has become part of my life. I am seeing Sarah tonight which will be great to catch up and put all the final preparations to the quiz night. Its not very often that we find time to get together as we each have other commitments but it makes it even more special when we do. 
I think we will have quiet a headache choosing the order of the raffle prizes as they are all such fantastic prizes. I am busy writing a personal thank you that I will ensure everyone reads at the quiz night. I think its important to say how you are feeling and show your thanks because really without the support we receive this challenge would have been even harder than it is already.


So my news that I have kept to myself for 3 months and that still now I debate over whether it is wise to discuss or not, but I have figured that it has become part of this challenge and yes it has made the final push towards "The Great Wall" even harder than I would have liked. Many will know that a personal reason for taking on this challenge was not only to raise money for a charity so close to my heart but it was to finally push on past four years of operations and rehab to finally see light at the end of the tunnel and put my knee injury behind me, I felt ready physically and emotionally back in October 2010 when the decision was taken to take on the challenge but unfortunately back in November 2011 I felt that something was wrong and the pain had returned. I finally gave in and in January I headed back to my consultant, the consultant who had discharged me a year and a half earlier. the news as predicted was the need for further surgery to clean up the mess that my knee will forever be. An MRI scan this weekend will give us a clear idea of the damage that training has done. But there is always that shining light at the end of every tunnel and yes the words from my consultant were infect "Go to china, achieve your dream and lets complete the surgery after". what more do I want or even ask for, I can go to china with Sarah and complete my challenge. Yes the road there is a rocky one and yes its not the most perfect of situations but its the cards I have been dealt. 


So I will keep you updated and now if I say training is not going to plan you can all kick me up the bum when you see me and tell me to keep focused. 


take care all 


Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment