Tuesday 26 April 2011

by Emma

Hello everyone,

Sorry its been a while since I last posted its been busy busy as you can tell from Sarah's posts we have been busy fundraising down on the farm as well as working, I have been doing a lot of sleep ins which means long 24 hr shifts so my holiday to Turkey on the 9th May can't come quick enough.

Well what can I say but thank you so so much to all the visitors who came to the Rare breeds Centre during the last two weeks I have done some maths and worked out we raised over £600 from our collections. Yes wow.



I took some time off from my normal duties care side at C-O-T to volunteer myself to help out at the Easter event on the farm, a 4 day event with the very warm temperatures meant many people visited the centre, days started with a little car parking which as you can see we both really took to our role very seriously.





after car parking we took to the farm to meet and greet the visitors and yes i did dress up as a chicken, even with the temperatures so high i got into the spirit of Easter, Sarah dressed up as a rabbit, photo evidence provided







after we finished dressing up and promoting the trek we did our bucket collections just before pig racing which is where we experienced the generosity of so many people who we are so grateful to for donating so kindly.



after the long hot days it was indeed time for.......an Easter egg or two, a sit down and an ice cold drink of.......malibu and sprite. not ideal for the training but we have a year to go till we set off on our journey to The Great Wall of China so hopefully we will make up for it.



I recall Sunday morning when Sarah could indeed tuck into chocolate, it was quite amazing how she stuck to her challenge of not eating chocolate and I had great pleasure in sharing some seashell chocs with Sarah. well done Sarah I may, and I mean may join you next year.
well we have our 13 mile trek this Sunday around Bewl water, testing out the boots, I do hope our feet survive we will of course inform you all and may have a picture or two.
I will say goodbye as my beloved Manchester united are about to kick off in the champions league, yes I'm sorry football is taking priority here.

Thank you again to all our supporters who donated during the Easter break.

No comments:

Post a Comment