Monday 10 October 2011

Posted by Sarah 10-10-2011

Yesterday saw me take part in the Ashford 10k race, which started at the Julie Rose Stadium and did a circuit around Ashford then finished at the stadium as well. When I woke up in the morning it was raining so I was praying it would stop as I'm not an all weather runner! I had paid to enter so I felt I should participate  regardless but seriously do you know anyone that would really go out running in the rain for pleasure! Anyway the race started at 10am and by the time I picked my sis up and got to the stadium it had left off raining. I was really pleased I took part in the race because they shut the roads on which the route took and best of all as we ran pass the fire station where all the fire crew were out lined up cheering us on!!! Got to love that! When I told my sis she had a laugh! I completed the race in 59mins so well pleased with that.
I probably won't do any more races until next year now as winter is approaching I can't get outside to train :(


Roll on next year when the weather is better and its light in the mornings and at night time!


Thank you to Anna and her friend Rose that came along to support me.


I'm off to hibernate now as its only 6.30pm and its already dark :(

No comments:

Post a Comment