Thursday 10 February 2011

We did it......By Emma

We have reached a milestone the first £1000 has been raised, in fact we have achieved 22 percent of our £5000 target. The sales of the cookbook have meant we have reached it alot earlier than we imagined and both Sarah and I are so pleased.

Its been a while since I last posted but that's not to say I have not been busy with fundraising and training, the quiz night is fast approaching but Sarah has worked so hard we are all up to date with the preparation. Yes I have to mention how hard Sarah has worked towards this. Of course I have had some input but really with out Sarah I think i would be running around like a headless chicken. We can squeeze one more team in so please if you wish to attend let us know and we can book your team in for the quiz night being held on the 24th March at The Rare Breeds Centre, Its had a fantastic response and the tables have been booked up in such a quick time, we hope everybody will enjoy it.

The raffle prizes are still arriving which is just amazing, some companies have been so generous with £50 voucher from John Lewis, all tesco stores donating I cant name them all but please do check out our sponsors page to see the generosity shown and THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to everybody who has donated. We will be posting information soon on how you can purchase raffle tickets, trust me when i say I think everyone will be wanting some. The raffle will be drawn on the evening of the quiz night but that's not to say people not attending cant have a go at winning some of the top prizes we have on offer.

Training is going well I am finding the stepper at the gym a little less painful now and I feel really fit and healthy at the moment with my regular trips to the gym. Work is busy too so I am on the go alot at the moment.
Sarah and I are taking a much needed night off on Friday the 12th though where we are heading to a Chinese restaurant called Cosmo in Hastings, its a bit of a journey but so worth it. We are calling it an evening getting used to Chinese food in preparation for china (OK really its an excuse to eat lots of yummy food including marshmallows and chocolate) There are 8 of us in all so should be a nice social evening.

Well I am sure Sarah will be posting soon she is off to Ireland next week to visit her parents, I hope she has a good catch up with her folks.
That's me signing off till next time, don't forget to purchase your cook books before we run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment