Monday 11 July 2011

London 10k run......we did it.

Hi everyone,


We did it Sarah and I yesterday joined 25,000 other people in running the London 10k, what a massive achievement for us both and a great training event towards the trek

I really wanted to complete the course in a quicker time than last year but with little training behind me I didn't hold out much hope, but I did it in one hour 10 minutes, 3 minutes shorter than last year.
It has to be a massive congratulations to Sarah though, it was Sarah's first ever 10k run and she really didn't know what to expect but she did it and she did it good, completing the course in one hour six minutes.

CONGRATULATIONS SARAH FROM YOUR OLD TREKKING PAL.

We had company on the run with a fellow colleague Steve joining us, who also works for our charity. Steve completed the course in one hour five minutes which is a fantastic time, well done Steve and thanks for your company.


We were surrounded by 25,000 other runners who were all raising money for many many different charities, it brought home to me just how well we are doing raising money for a charity close to our hearts when there are so many other needy charities that people could give their money too.
We have reached £3500 raised since October 2010, we are on our way to reaching and exceeding are pledged amount of £5000 and its thanks to so many kind people.
I crossed the finishing line excited, happy, proud and drained. My race was full of emotions as I passed by people with there prosthetic limbs, people with signs saying "I'm running in memory of my mum" people who were raising money for those less fortunate, for the sick, the elderly so many worthy causes. well done to everyone who took part, congratulations to those who beat there personal best times. I feel privileged to have been part of that.

Well its steady fundraising now as we begin to realize just what it is we are doing and also thinking about the destination we are heading too. The charity challenge holdall is getting full of the new trekking gear, boots are ready to be worn in and Sarah and I are busy planning future events. We have fun day at the farm on the 3rd of august which we hope will be a great opportunity to meet some people, spread the word and tell everyone about our charity challenge. 

Can I please remind people about our just giving page, please if you would like to show support to Sarah and I and donate any amount, then follow the link via the blog, all monies go directly to The Canterbury Oast Trust and The rare Breeds Centre.....our charity.

Thank you for following us via this blog, its great to know that people are following us as we go through this amazing chapter in our lives.


Em







No comments:

Post a Comment