Wednesday 16 November 2011

A moment to reflect

Hi everyone,


I am feeling like I need to reflect on our challenge, I have just sat and plodded my way through 300 photos from the October charity challenge china trek, there were 30 people in the group and the photos are utterly amazing. they actually got my tummy doing twists and turns in all directions as i relished yet again just what it is i will be doing in 177 days. 
Sarah flew out today to the cape Verde islands for a weeks break which she deserves (no i am not jealous at all). Its left me holding the fort so to speak which is quite scary. 
My attention is drawn to the Christmas craft fair weekend which is a 2 day event held at The Rare Breeds center, last year was a great success with a cake stall so this year we have gone that little bit further and have had lots of people busy making craft items as well as preparing a mammoth baking session. 
Last Saturday we took to rye with our buckets to work at The Mariners Tea Rooms which is part of our charity, the manager there Sharon spent months preparing for the pastie night which turned into the most successful night in the tea rooms history, Sarah and I had so much fun helping cook, serve and eat the pasties. They were yummy. Although we never really grabbed the opportunity to fundraise it was yet again a great night promoting our challenge. 
The wedding fair was another opportunity to promote the trek and was even better for me what with my wedding planning in full swing. 
People often ask me how do i juggle a full time demanding job, training and fundraising and now i have the wedding to plan........its easy...... i don't sit down.  


well that's me done for now i must get to the gym for another 60 minute work out. 


Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment