Saturday 2 April 2011

Posted by Sarah 02-4-2011

Hi all

I know I haven't been around for a while, I have been mega busy honest. I'm working 6 days a week at the mo, in fact I've just got back home from working in the gift shop at The Rarebreeds Centre today. All the extra money I'm earning is going towards my Visa and spending money for our trek. I have also been busy seeing the 2nd love of my life ENRIQUE! (the 1st love of my life being BON JOVI!) Sorry James!
Well I saw Enrique at the o2 arena last Friday night, of course he was amazing, god I love him.


How can you not like him?

Also Thursday night I was back at the o2 arena again this time to see Peter Kay, my friend brought the tickets way back in 2009. So the day finally came round and we had a great evening, I would defiantly recommend going to see him.
So I have had a busy couple of weeks so I'm gonna stay in and chill tonight but not before updating about our quiz night. I hope you have all read what Emma had to say regarding the quiz night which took place on 24th March. I know I will end up repeating some of what Emma has said but please bear with me! Well where do I start Emma and I had an unbelievable night, it all went to plan and almost 150 people came along to support us. We had 17 teams in all, which were made up of friends, family and colleagues. It was my job to read out all the quiz questions while Emma was in charge of marking papers, keeping check on everyone and to make sure everything was going to plan. We were selling cook books and raffle tickets on the night, during a break from the questions we drew the raffle, which consisted of 20 prizes kindley donated from local business's, including the 1st prize which was donated by Lyn, Pete and Jodie Hine from Minners Farm Livery based in Bethersden http://www.minnersfarmliveries.com/ 

I hope everyone enjoyed themwelves on the night, Emma and I wanted it to fun and not serious and it did look like everyone was having a good time. The winning team was the Odd Squad so well done to them. We also had a prize for the best team name which was We Might Struggle!

Emma and I had a hugly sucessful night and with donations, sales from raffle tickets and cook books we raised the amazing amount of £795.90 and if it wasn't for the help of June, Phil, Heather, James and Adam we defiantly wouldn't have coped, so its a big thank you to them. They all spent most of the night behind the bar serving as it was so busy! June was also selling raffle tickets for us as and at the end of the night they all stayed behind to help clear up as well.

I cannot believe the amount we managed to raise and I would like to thank the following people again!

Kirstyn and Webbo - KMFM dj's who have supported the Trust and us on the radio
Local business's who donated the raffle prizes
All the people that came along and supported us for the evening
June and Phil - Emma's mum & dad
Heather - Emma's sister
Adam - my work colleague
and of course my old pal Emma - my trekking partner!

As I said before I couldn't have done it all without you, thank you so much for a geat night xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



1 comment:

  1. Tsum Valley Trek
    Tsum Valley Trek Nepal, a sacrosanct valley in Nepal positioned in the western terrain of Nepal subject to Buddhism which is measured as the most sacred place in the world. Tsum Valley Nepal is occupied by people who are mostly of Tibetan origin and speak a distinctive language which almost resemble with Tibetan so this place occasionally achieved a nick name of Mini Tibet by outsider.
    Manaslu Tea House Trek
    Manaslu Circuit Tea House Trek it lies in extremely remote Manaslu Region on Nepal in Gorkha District. Considering its poor infrastructure Nepal Tourism Board had declared it as restricted area trekking of Nepal. Few years ago only camping trekking was possible in Manaslu region but now days because of establishment of few tea houses on the trail there arises the possibility for tea house trekking in Manaslu Circuit. However it is still in restricted area trekking which means no foreigner trekker can access Manaslu circuit without our government authorized guides and other team member. NEST Nepal Explore Summit Treks is the most leading Trekking company for the Manaslu Trekking Region.
    Kanchenjunga Trekking
    Kanchenjunga tea House Trek is one of the most amazing trekking trail of Nepal .NEST (Nepal Explore Summit Treks) has leading new semi camping Tea House Trekking in Kanchenjunga Region as Kanchenjunga Tea House Trekking in Nepal .
    Trekking guide in Nepal
    Trekking guide in Nepal is the ambassador of Himalaya who know the culture localism of the Trekking trail of Nepal. Hire a Trekking guide in Nepal is not a Expensive but its best chance to Explore Himalaya in a safety way too .

    ReplyDelete